Saturday, May 28, 2011

Findings in our yard




There is rarely a time around our house when we don't have a critter or bug of some sort! Savannah is always trying to catch something. Here are some pics of her latest catch. We had the 11 year outbreak of cicadas which Savannah really loved. I wasn't to keen on the big red eyed bugs, but Savannah would catch them and play with them like a pet. She caught a lizard which we kept for about 3 days and fed him tiny crickets. I think his core temperature began dropping and we almost lost him. I managed to talk her into letting him go right before he croaked and I think he might have miraculously survived the whole ordeal! There is a frog on our back door nearly every night, that she always tries to catch among all the
other lightning bugs, beetles, worms, moths, and everything that moves! I love that about her though. And we always have a mini science lesson about each things she catches! The coolest thing so far was the baby turtle our neighbor Francine found. It was the tiniest turtle I have ever seen! We were intrigued by it! He was sooo cute!





1 comment:

Cheryl said...

That has to be the cutest little turtle I have ever seen. The kids want little pet turtles and beta fish. May be adding to our pet population soon!